Well it had less effect than I hoped…
The survey shows that the Fon has a 65% failure rate. Almost 2/3 of the kit they shipped was broken. This is an amazing result.
The CEO’s response is to defend the indefensible.
Martin, if you were not going to respond to the survey; why set it up?
One thought on “Fonera 2.0n Quality Survey”
The 2.0n is out since september 2009 . We are now end of March 2010 . The fonera 2.0n is still unusable as it is . And with that i mean :
– administrator page not accessible suddenly (web server crash)
– sudden reboots
– impossible to use iphone (Fring ,..)
– impossible to get my SIP wifi phone connected to its private wifi
– friends and family option not working
– reboots during file transfers
– public wifi needs to be shut down in order for the access point to properly work
And many more probably which i don’t know .
It’s sad , very sad to let such a beatiful project slip away by not supporting the community with a working firmware . Let alone not provided them with any bugfixes at all for such a long time !! Even the latest pre-pre-alpha builds (they now provide it as RC builds, but i call them pre-pre-alpha since that is what they are) are worth nothing . They honestly need to trow out some devs and hire some competent ones !
Comments are closed.